We appear to live under the illusion that to participate fully in Society we need extra training and qualifications. However, what about our natural skills,abilities and life experiencing which can never be taught.
There are many individuals out there especially amongst our Youth, that are highly capable, but, their frowned upon, hence feeling that they have no real importance.
We all have a contribution to make and we must put into context the words of Dr. Martin Luther King jr. who was always biblical in his words but the main message was always the same I am a good as you. Equality.
Do we solve the problems that we face in society today by throwing money at it or by developing meaningful, dialogue and engagement with all members of society.
The weak, poor and vulnerable people of our communities are being attacked by aggressive cuts to goods and services. Do we watch them suffer or offer a helping hand. I have heard of many people this week some of them in so much pain, even contemplating self harm. However, by just talking to them lets them know that someone does care.
Our young people also need more attention in order to realise their own power and worth, lets start that dialogue in a positive manner.
Progress and change will come but we must Unite to achieve this. just imagine instead of 30% turning up at a Polling Station to Vote, imagine the impact of the other 70% turning up with those under the radar also getting involved. i use the word IMAGINE loosely as this is not a pipe dream but a distinctive reality.
We are the ones that hold they key to change and its time to start opening the door.