Yes, you are being heard and my pledge to you is that together we will make Newtown a lot better. Giving up is not an option. Below are some of the further issues that you have raised and these will be tackled jointly as we move Newtown forward; as one elderly resident told me back to when to was great.
Do note that many of the issues I am dealing with in Newtown is as a result of residents seeing me walking within the community, doing my Mother's shopping; in the shopping centre (demonstrating some of my personal values of just a regular, caring person) and many get hold of my mobile number and call me directly.
Unlike the Councillors I am quite happy to publicly give you my mobile number on this blog 07946-374577.
1. Jobs, Skills & Apprenticeships Newtown was once a bastion of Industry and today large companies are not based locally to provide those all-important jobs to give you the income you deserve for your families.
2. Housing The condition of the homes in Newtown have been highlighted by you, some of them in poor condition, attracting anti-social behaviour along with poor communal and cleaning facilities. Repairs not being done efficiently, which at times affect your personal and children’s health and wellbeing.
3. Access to services Many of you feel cut off to services as since the closure of Newtown Neighbourhood Office you do not have direct access to council services.
4. Street Lighting You have advised that street lighting is not good and there are many area that are excessively dark at night.
5. Road Safety Many of you are concerned about cars speeding and also areas being used as a race track.
These issues are already being addressed and my pledge is to continue addressing them, as you have raised them.
Let's work together for our children, its about their future. We will teak the shackles which have embedded Newtown of the pat few years.
I am here for "everyone and not the chosen few." I am wand will continue to be your voice and change will come to Newtown and indeed Birmingham.
16th March 2018